Nickname: My Nicknames range from “T” to “Tank” J
Reunion Island is home to some of the most amazing left-hand reef breaks and being Goofy, I love all of them.
Best thing about your lifestyle as a surfer?
I love being able to travel...surf and experience all the amazing places around the world.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I am only 20, so for now I take things as they com
e, obviously I would like to still be travelling and surfing competitively and hopefully with some more tertiary education to my name J
Other than surfing what is your next best thing? When I am at home and not travelling I love spending as much time as possible with family and friends.
On a Saturday morning you can find me... Probably out searching for waves or on the beach.
What’s your superpower? Teleportation... (seriously)
If you found R100 on the floor, what would you do with it?
The R100 was never really mine, so I would buy a few sandwiches and give it to the beggar’s on the street.
Did you have a New Year’s resolution for 2009? If so, what was it and how is it going?
I guess my new year’s resolution was just to do everything bigger and better in my surfing...spend as much time in the water as possible...train as much as possible...and give it my all in contests.
What is your guilty pleasure?
Definitely ICE CREAM, I am convinced that anything that tastes so good can’t be bad for you.
If you could choose any 5 people (over and above your friends of course) to have at your birthday party, who would they be?
- The guy from Lindt Chocolate...for obvious reasons.
- Jamie Oliver...to make the food.
- Winni the Poo...for all his silly love quotes
- Vin Diesel...too see if he really owns so many white t-shirts.
- Ryan Grosling...just because he is good looking
My years of retirement will be spent…
Somewhere tropical, surfing and being on the beach all day.
If I had a star on Hollywood Boulevard, it would be right next to…
Wouldn’t really matter, as long as it isn’t under the hot dog stand.
The thing that makes me me is that I…
am comfortable with being just ME
One thing I would never travel without is…
My biggest achievements so far are…
- Representing South Africa at the ISA World Junior Surfing Games three times.
- Representing South Africa at the ISA World Surfing Games twice.
- Being part of the South African National team that won Gold at the ISA World Surfing Games in 2013.
- 9th at the ISA World Surfing Games in 2011.
- Three times South African Champion.
- 6th overall on the European Junior Series 2012