- MORE NEWS
- 28.09.2011 - Cooper Chapman Claims The Billabong Pro Junior Asia Title
- 27.09.2011 - Quarterfinals On At The Billabong Pro Junior Asia
- 26.09.2011 - Third Straight Lay-Day Called At The Billabong Pro Junior Asia
- 25.09.2011 - Another Lay-Day Called At The Billabong Pro Junior Asia
- 24.09.2011 - Lay-Day Called At The Billabong Pro Junior Asia
- 23.09.2011 - Short Day Of Competition At The Billabong Pro Junior Asia
- 22.09.2011 - Competitors Clock Up Serious Tube Time At The Billabong Pro Junior Asia
- 21.09.2011 - Cloud 9 Lives Up To The Hype At Opening Day Of Billabong Pro Junior Asia
- 20.09.2011 - Billabong Pro Junior Asia To Kick Off This Week At Cloud 9
- 12.09.2011 - Win USD$1,000 Billabong Prize Pack
- 16.08.2011 - Billabong Pro Junior Asia 2011
Surigao Island, Philippines (Tuesday, 27 September, 2011) - Cooper Chapman (North Narrabeen, NSW/AUS) took out the inaugural Billabong Pro Junior Asia presented by Sony Ericsson in an action packed Final over Oney Anwar (Lakey Peak, INDO). With a new swell coming in from a different direction competition was forced to move down the reef to a spot referred to as Cloud 8.
Chapman took control of the Final right from the start, earning the highest wave score with his opening ride, a 7.17 (out of a possible 10).
"My Pop is really sick at the moment, so I won this event for him!" Chapman said. "They weren't the best waves in the Final, but I'll take it. We had good waves earlier in the week so I guess to make it to the Final Oney (Anwar) and I had to prove ourselves in all conditions."
Anwar was a standout performer all event, both in the air and in the tube, but was unable to put some scores on the board in the Final.
"I'm really happy, we didn't get good waves in the Final but I'm happy with 2nd place," Anwar said. "2nd is a great way to start the Pro Junior Series season. I'm already excited about the next event! I'm happy for Cooper, he's a great friend and surfed really well all event."
Philmar Alipayo (PHL) the hometown hero was eliminated in Semifinal 1 by Cooper Chapman. Alipayo finished equal 5th place and takes home $1,900 USD, a huge amount of money for the Surigao local - the equivalent of nearly 2 year's full-time work on the island. Alipayo advanced into the Semifinals after the withdrawal of Noa Deane (QLD/AUS), Deane had to return to Manila after losing his passport on the long journey to Surigao Island.
"This is a good result for me," Alipayo said. "Maybe if the waves were barreling at Cloud 9 I could have won, but it's ok, I am so happy! I think I will get a bank account and save the money for my future."
Photos and videos here - http://www.aspjapantour.com/live/2011/cloud9/index.php?rLingua=gb
The first event of the 2011/2012 season, the Billabong Pro Junior Asia presented by Sony Ericsson will take place from 21 – 28 of September 2011. The Billabong Pro Junior Asia presented by Sony Ericsson with supporting sponsors Air Asia, Nixon, and Von Zipper. The event is endorsed by the Provincial Government of Surigao Del Norte and the Philippines Department of Tourism, ASP Australasia.
|09.12.15 -||CONGRATS RYAN AND JACK|
|01.12.15 -||SUBMERSIBLES WALKSHORT RANGE 2015|
|18.11.15 -||BILLABONG'S SECOND UBUD CONCEPT|
|11.11.15 -||LO TIDES - FROM SURF TO SAND|
|01.11.15 -||BILLABONG SURFPLUS COLLECTION 2015|
|09.10.15 -||LATEST PLATINUM X BOARDSHORT SERIES|
|01.09.15 -||APEX BOA BACKPACK 2015|
|30.07.15 -||Platinum X Spring Collection 2015|
|28.07.15 -||billabong platinum x spring 2015|